Your mental health matters. Treatment that meets you where you are, respects your story, and supports your goals is essential on the journey to recovery.
While inpatient treatment programs can provide significant benefits, they’re not always the best fit. And even after completing an inpatient program, partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient services can be an effective way to continue the healing process and build healthy coping skills for lasting recovery. Our intensive outpatient program (IOP) is designed as a step-down program to help you stay on track with your long-term goals.
What Is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
Intensive outpatient programs take place on an outpatient basis and are often used as a step-down program following inpatient treatment or a partial hospitalization program. In intensive outpatient programs, clients attend therapy sessions either daily or multiple times a week.
Addiction and mental health conditions like depression, bipolar disorder, PTSD, and anxiety can impact every aspect of your life. You might struggle to maintain relationships with loved ones, keep up with responsibilities at work, or cope with daily challenges. It’s easy to self-isolate and to cope with substance use or other unhealthy behaviors. The Superior Behavioral Health team understands how difficult it can be to stay on track with recovery goals. That’s why support is such a crucial part of intensive outpatient treatment. By connecting with both our treatment team and other clients in the program, intensive outpatient programs can help you build better coping skills and create a foundation for sustainable recovery.
The Benefits of Our Intensive Outpatient Program
By taking a personalized approach to intensive outpatient treatment, the Superior Behavioral Health team ensures that every aspect of IOP is tailored to meet your unique needs and goals. Whether you’ve already completed an intensive inpatient program or are just beginning your journey in recovery, the intensive outpatient program at Superior Behavioral Health offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- A safe and welcoming environment – Free from the distractions of everyday life and filled with a supportive team of professionals, intensive outpatient programs provide the perfect environment to focus on recovery goals.
- Structured support – IOP is highly structured, with intensive therapy sessions and other activities planned out on a regular basis.
- Increased accountability – By connecting with a supportive treatment team and other clients in intensive outpatient programs, you’ll gain better accountability and learn how to stay on track with your recovery goals.
- Flexibility – IOP provides greater flexibility than inpatient treatment programs, allowing you to maintain your daily responsibilities while getting the intensive support and care that’s essential for recovery.
- Family support – Addiction and mental health conditions can take a toll on loved ones, too. At Superior Behavioral Health, intensive outpatient programs include family therapy sessions to help your loved ones better understand the process of recovery and how to best support you.
- A range of therapies – Evidence-based interventions like cognitive-behavioral therapy as well as holistic approaches like music therapy can help you build healthy coping skills and create a plan for sustainable recovery.
As you work through our IOP, you’ll gain the tools and skills needed to build a life you love.
Reach Out to Superior Behavioral Health Today
Beginning treatment takes courage, but you don’t have to take the first step alone. The Superior Behavioral Health intensive outpatient program is designed to provide clinical support and a comprehensive range of services and therapies to help you reach your recovery goals.